Thursday, January 20, 2011

Slacker

Last semester I was the biggest slacker known to mankind. I skipped out on school, I procrastinated with homework, I didn't study even once, and I became apathetic towards the potential of my future.
But now I know I was wrong. And no, it is NOT from my mother's grounding/ making me pay for rent and bills at my own house that has made me see the light. It is from my own guilty soul. I have failed my family, my friends, and my future. It is time for change.

No more will I spend all of my time not doing anything. This semester I will read my chapters assigned everyday, I will study ahead of time (doing the five day plan thing), I will work on poetry as much as possible, I will blog every day, I will write everyday, and I will read every day.

My time will be spent dedicated on school and my future. I have to prove the world wrong, I have to show everyone that I am not some "fuck up." I can lead a successful role in the world, one where my family will actually look up to me instead of down. It is time for me to change, to get good grades, to pay attention and class whilst taking worthy notes, and maybe even re-taking those notes when I get home.

No this is not a new year's resolution; no this is not some wishful thinking. This is me, stepping up to the plate, and maybe not hitting a home run, but taking a swing and trying my best. I know I can do it, and I will.

Let me leave you with the most inspirational thing I have ever read in my entire life:

"You can be whatever you want to be in life, and you can and you will, you just have to have an enormous amount of faith in yourself and the world around you," Tom Delonge.

So this is me, annihilating the past slacker in me and pushing forward with my life. The future is now, and even though I am deeply afraid of change, I can bear it. I can handle this. I have my whole family and friends in support of me, and I can no longer let them down.

Slacker out, Worker in.

No comments:

Post a Comment